In diy fabindia indianlifestyleblogger interiorideas justjilanithings juweriajilani lifestyleblogger plantlover roomdecor roomdecorideas roomtour roomtour2017 tumblr tumblrdiy

Room Tour! // New Beginnings

Hola beautiful people! How's everyone doing? Hope you're enjoying the brand new layout and theme of my website, let me know in the comments below. This blog post is rather a special one because after a really long time I've re-embraced my love for blogging and passion for fashion, yes that rhymed! From almost shutting my website to re-building it I'm really happy about my enthusiasm to create new content and share it with you guys. In this 2.0 updated version of my blog I want to change things up big time! Firstly, the content. I don't want to stick to fashion, but want to be more open about my life experiences. Be it traveling, funny anecdotes or experiences of my first's, I want to talk about it and make this website my online diary, quiet literally! No, I haven't started over with the intention of becoming popular or increasing followers, but I've done this for my love for blogging that I lost somewhere amidst the Instagram competition to stand out and reach the 'k' followers.I hope you guys follow me along with this journey and support me.
 In other news, I'm currently learning Spanish which explains the introductory hola :p According to the app that I'm learning it on I'm 12% fluent in the language, let's see how long it takes me to reach a full 100! One bummer this week has definitely been the underwhelming rains in Mumbai and makes me majorly reminisce 2007/8 rainfall.
If you've been following me on social media (which you should be) you'd know that I recently filmed and captured the fairly new elements of my room to put together a room tour. Here are a few photos and details of the items in my room. Full video is on Instagram, check it out!




 Here's the layout of my room. That's my bed from style spa which I've for many years now. The highlight of the bed is definitely the covers. Bought this 'high school musical' themed bed sheet from Shoppers Stop. The blanket is from D'decor and is undoubtedly the best one I've owned yet.



That's my favorite window. Irrespective of the fact that I live in one of the busiest cities in the country I'm fortunate to have a quiet amidst the noise in my little corner. It's the lush green trees and birds chirping that really get me going in the morning!



A major part of my room re-decoration was this wall. I've wanted a world map of some sort in my room for the longest time and this idea of painting it on my blue textured wall couldn't have been any better. The wall reminds me of how vast the earth is. The more you travel, the more you realize that there's so many countries yet unexplored and so many sights yet unseen. They say its a small world, but is it? The wall depicts my passion for traveling and makes me feel grateful all the time.



No room is complete without some tumblr inspo and DIY love. I saw this wall grid in one of Alisha Marie's videos and wanted to put up something similar in my room. So I diy'ed it (if that's a word) and used an old grill. Spray painted that and hug it up. It's still not done yet because I need to put up more pictures and accesories.







Next up is my desk that I truly adore. Woodwork really fascinates and FabIndia is literally a place I could spend hours admiring just that! I bought this table a couple of years ago and must say, it's still in great shape. I got it polished last month for the first time. On my table I have some plants and flowers. If you ever happen to visit my house you'd know my mom is a plant LOVER and over the period of time she has turned me into one too. Needless to say, I have a lot of plants in room including these cute saplings that I purchased from a store opposite Mini Punjab in Pali hill, Bandra. 



This gorgeous cane art that I don't like to call a bin stands beside this table. I bought it from Arabella (Pali hill, Bandra) and you must visit this store if you want to buy some cool home decor with intricate details.



Can't miss out this hanging lamp again from Fab India. 


Here's my 'vanity' as I like to call it! A huge mirror that usually distracts me while I'm studying, some fairy lights from Fab India (I'm quite a FabIndia hoarder) and of course my storage full of products, oils, comic books and random bits and bobs. 


A Kashmiri mattress because every Indian home is incomplete without one.




Wanted to include another pair of creepers in this blog post. Ah, the joy of having greens around you is weirdly enriching!


Gracias! Thanks guys for reading along. Adios, see you next week!

..Thought for the week..
We rise by lifting others and supporting others success won't dampen yours. Empower & grow.

Pots of positivity,
Juweria <3

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.